What happened in 2017?

Hand itchy want to write something here. It's been a while since I last came here, exactly 1 year since my last update and coincidently it was also the SCKLM! I just ran the same SCKLM last month! I didn't run much last year. Only total of 6 races. So what exactly happened after the SCKLM last year?

PAR 13

I joined PAR relay. Teamed with Charmayne, Lucas, Cola and Eddy. They jio-ed me last minute to replace a friend. I ran 2nd leg and fuck, I did all out but only managed to do 4:18 pace. So slow! I can easily do sub-4 pace few years back! Haha, ok, things changed in few years! I grew older!

Wind Runner team!

PJ HM

Then I joined the KL iconic race PJ HM and bonked half way. I planned to do 4:30 pace but end up 4:45. What a joker! Went home with empty hands.

PJ HM - Trying hard to smile with puncit face

GE Relay

Then I joined Qiao Yun, Khairul, Teck Wai and Voon Leong for a relay in Klang. It was my only podium race in 2017, haha! Thanks to all my teammate. We got 2nd runner up! Luckily I was not the slowest. Teck Wai was few seconds slower than me! Hahahahahaha! Pffttt. I'm so bad. LOL! We could win 1st runner up if I pushed a bit more. We were just few seconds behind the 1st runner up!

Tumpang Podium in GE Relay. Haha!

Seremban

Not sure why my hand itchy and I signed up for Seremban HM. I actually did quite well but still not up to the podium standard yet. I did 4:31 pace in the HM! The best effort of the year! I got the almost amkan position which is 22nd. Luckily not the most amkan position 21st (as if it made any difference). LOL! Went home with empty hands again.

Firefighter

No kidding, I bonked after 10km end up almost couldn't make it to sub-2 HM. It was 500m under distance and I did 1:56:30. I had never run this slow. It was my 2nd slowest HM in the history. The slowest was the first HM I joined in 2009. LOL. Wend home with empty hands again.

So total of 6 runs in 2017! All screwed up. I was supposed to join the Melbourne Marathon in October, but it clashed with my daughter graduation! No choice, it's my daughter, I couldn't miss it.

SCKLM

Then this year, the first race I ran was SCKLM which just happened last month. It was the 10th anniversary and I'm the loyal supporter of the race since the first year so I didn't want to miss this year too. I set my target to sub-4 and I did just nice, 3:58:24! As usual, SCKLM is the race that I can't miss and luckily I made it this time.

Ngam ngam sub-4 in SCKLM

Well, I just started some sort of “serious” training again, that's why I started to write. Hopefully I can maintain it this time. No slack! LOL! I signed up a lot of races too! See you guys on the road!

Comments